Over 300 multifamily investors attended the Old Capital Speaker Series presentation on February 15th at the Grapevine Convention Center. Speakers covered the 2018 multifamily outlook for DFW and implications of Trump’s new tax bill.
David Kahn- Costar Group
Mark Patten – McKinnon Patten & Associates
Takeaways from the event:
- DFW Employment growth still double the US Average with major corporate expansion and relocations leading the way.
- Industrial sector (logistics) absorption very strong since 2014, which is driving demand of B &C class multifamily
- DFW still affordable: Home Value to Median income in DFW averages about 3 compared to national average of 4 with California ratio of 8-10
- Rent growth in DFW average 2.7% in 2017 and is expected to be low 2% in 2018 and 2019. Class B and C closer to 4-5% vs. Class A in low 2%.
- DFW Class A vacancy of 10% vs. 6% for Class B & C.
- DFW cap rates: Class A at 5%, Class B at 6% and Class C at 7%
If you would like the slides from the event, please e-mail James Eng at Jeng@oldcapitallending.com
Registrations for our upcoming events are below:
Mark Dotzour at Grapevine Convention Center on March 28th:
Old Capital Multifamily Conference at AT&T Stadium on September 13th: